The Center for Human-Engaged Computing (CHEC) will organize an international workshop on Human-Engaged Computing (IWHEC 2020). The workshop will be held at Kochi University of Technology in Japan on January 10th 2020.
The aim of this workshop is to rethink the relationship between humans and computers under consideration of human future. The workshop strives to achieve a common platform to increase various idea exchanges around the world, resulting evolvement of stronger workforce in order to create a better world to live in. In this workshop, we will invite seven experts to give their points of view of HEC practice.
1) Prof. Zhiyong Fu, Tsinghua University, China Title: Empathy and Symbiosis: Design preferable future AI product and service
2) Prof. Jeffrey Bardzell, Indiana University, United States Title: “Knowledge Embodied in Artifacts”: A Problem in Design Epistemology
3) Prof. Shaowen Bardzell, Indiana University, United States Title: Women’s Health in HCI: A Feminist Utopian Design Approach to Menopause Wellness
4) Dr. Xiaojuan Ma, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, China Title: Manifesting AI Engagement in Human-Engaged Computing
5) Dr. Xiaojun Yuan, University at Albany-SUNY, United States Title: Voice Search and Human-Engaged Computing
6) Dr. Byungjoo Lee, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Korea Title: Understanding Human-Computer Synchronization: From a Human-Engaged Computing Perspective
7) Prof. Jianmin Wang, Tongji University, China Title: Make Automated Drive Acting like a Man based on the Collaborative Driving Synergized Interaction
For more details, please click http://iw2020.xrenlab.com/